This course, a comprehensive study of the diagnosis, management and treatment of syphilis includes 6 hours of didactic lecture and 8 hours of supervised clinical practicum arranged at a later date convenient to your schedule.
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Describe the manifestations of primary and secondary syphilis.
- Recognize, differentiate, and evaluate genital ulcers.
- Interpret the basic laboratory tests used to diagnose syphilis, including microscopy and serology.
- Describe the current diagnosis and treatment recommendations for all stages of syphilis.
- Describe the process of partner notification and contact tracing.
Historical Course included for informational purposes only. Not currently part of the curriculum.